priordivergence: (Escape)
Tris Prior ([personal profile] priordivergence) wrote2017-10-03 12:30 pm
Entry tags:

Splash your water in your wine [Thomas, the Purge]

I'm not surprised by mayhem. I'm not even surprised by the fact that I'm seeing the best and worst of people. That much I'd known since the Erudite attack on Abnegation, watching people without the serum who acted of their own accord. People had shot me and tried to drown me but also given up their lives to save me. No, none of what I've seen tonight surprises me.

What surprises me is that there was no precipitating incident, no premeditated coup. A siren had gone off and people had decided there was no reason to be anything but their worst selves. I could have stayed inside, could have stayed safe, but I'm too Dauntless, too Abnegation, too Divergent to just leave things and look after myself.

I'm not a superhero like some of the people I know. I don't have a mask or special powers. But I did have a lot of training and a lot of weapons and I'd brought both out into the streets of Darrow with me tonight. It's reckless and stupid but by the time the second siren rings out and I drag myself back home, I'm doing okay.

I have lots of cuts and bruises but nothing terrible, aside from a nasty cut in my left bicep. That one is going to need some attention, though I don't think it's deep enough to need stitches. As I exit the elevator to my floor, I can feel it stinging and I can't wait to get some bandages on it.
shuck_you: (t38)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-03 06:52 pm (UTC)(link)
Thomas had been mostly keeping himself locked up since all of this...chaos had started. He knew he wasn't going to be any good in a fight so he tried to stay away from anyone that looked violent. He did go out to try and help people get back and forth to places and he ran and ran and ran to make sure no one was stranded in the countryside but otherwise, he tried to keep out of the way.

He was caked in sweat and grime but he did peer out of his door when he heard the doorbell ding. His eyes widened when he saw Tris and he threw the door open and came towards her.

"What's happened to you?"
shuck_you: (t60)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-04 12:04 pm (UTC)(link)
"Fine. Just tired. Dirty," Thomas said, grabbing her by the wrist (gently) and trying to tug her backwards into his apartment. She didn't look to be in need of emergency medical attention which meant that Thomas could play medjack and wouldn't further hurt her.

"What have you been out doing?" he asked, closing and locking the door securely. "I mean, I know what you've been doing but what's out there? I've been mostly inside and running around, keeping out of the way from the heaviest of fighting and...whatever the shuck's going on."
shuck_you: (t60)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-04 08:50 pm (UTC)(link)
"Get people to safety at the expense of yourself?" Thomas asked, nodding over at the couch that he'd been alternating between sitting on, leaning on and staring at while he tried to wait this while thing out.

"You see anything really bad out there?" he asked as he walked back to the bathroom to grab his rudimentary kit of first aid supplies. "Are you okay?"
shuck_you: (t60)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-05 12:43 pm (UTC)(link)
"Go sit down," Thomas said, nodding at the couch. "Let me at least put some band aids on the places that are bleeding. If there's anything deeper or more serious going on, I won't be able to help but still..."

He trailed off and sat down on the couch, gesturing her closer. "And I'm fine. Barely been out. I'm not a fighter. I don't want to get dead."
shuck_you: (t69)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-05 11:12 pm (UTC)(link)
"I'm always okay. I don't go jumping headfirst into fights," Thomas chastised lightly, wincing at the bruises and scratches he saw. He sighed and shook his head before reaching for a pack of gauze to dab at some of the bleeding spots he saw. Nothing looked to be gushing, which was a good thing, because he didn't have the tools for that.

"I don't remember anything like this happening before," he said, putting a band aid on one small cut. "Did I miss something? Some of the people that have always lived here didn't seem too surprised this was happening."
shuck_you: (t33)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-06 10:33 am (UTC)(link)
Thomas gave her a wry look for that one before shaking his head and putting a few more band aids on places he could see. The bruises would probably do well with ice but there was nothing like that in his first aid kit so they'd have to wait.

"This whole place is shucking worrisome," he said, shaking his head. "It's fine. I know better than to think it's gonna be safe at all times. Just try not to get yourself killed. That'd be good, you know? No one needs to die."
shuck_you: (t60)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-09 10:58 am (UTC)(link)
"I believe you," Thomas said, reaching into the kit for a few more band aids to put on a few more smaller cuts before he sat back and rubbed his face with one hand. "You're not dead, that's good. Seems like there's going to be a lot of that after today if people aren't careful."

So, she just had to be careful. She had to be smart.

"You're going to be sore for a few days though. If you go back out injured, you're not going to be as effective either. I'd say you're done for the night but I know I can't make that call for you."
shuck_you: (t18)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-11 10:05 pm (UTC)(link)
"You're welcome to mine, if you'd like," Thomas said, gesturing towards the area where the bathroom was. "But, you can go to your own too. Whatever you want, you know."

He shrugged and put the few scant materials from the first aide kit back in the box before standing up and stretching. He'd been tense so long, waiting for someone to bang down the door that his muscles were stiff and tight.

"You want something to eat? Drink?" Thomas asked, trying to take his mind off what was happening outside. It couldn't be stopped now.
shuck_you: (t60)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-14 10:35 am (UTC)(link)
"You know saying that own't actually stop be from worrying, right?" Thomas asked, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. "Why do people say that? Even I shucking say that to people and they just look at me like I'm crazy. People worry. It's gonna happen. Keep saying it but know I'm not gonna listen to you."

Thomas situated himself back on the couch, stretching his legs out and sighing. He could hear some noise outside Bramford but he resolutely ignored it. If he didn't get up and see what was going on, he wouldn't be tempted to get involved.
shuck_you: (t18)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-18 12:09 pm (UTC)(link)
"What the shuck did you see out there?" Thoma asked, unable to suppress his curiosity. During the brief times he'd been out, he'd mostly ignored what was going on around him, not wanting to get caught by something or someone bigger and meaner. He'd helped where he could but he'd mostly done this by hiding and moving quickly from one protected place to another.

"Why is this even happening? It's not helping anyone," Thomas groused, shaking his head. If Darrow wanted people to get it out of their systems, they would and they'd probably get a taste for more. This wasn't going to solve any shucking thing.
shuck_you: (t41)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-18 10:43 pm (UTC)(link)
"You're asking the wrong person that question," Thomas said with a shake of his head. He wanted to hope that no one he knew was out there doing horrible shucking things. He didn't want to think them capable of that but he knew better. He was capable of terrible things so why wouldn't other people have that ability too?

"I'm also kind of tired of the answer to so many questions just being the name of this shucking city," Thomas said, shaking his head. "There should be a reason. A better reason than that."
shuck_you: (t60)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-21 09:51 am (UTC)(link)
"No, it's not," Thomas said, lips twisting bitterly. "Isn't this place supposed to be better than this? Shucking hell, I'm pretty sure I saw people out there that I previously thought were nice. Are people really that hard up for something to do that they'll go steal and hurt just for the fun of it? Why does anyone even stay here?"

Thomas shook his head at the answer he knew would be coming. "I know people can't leave. I get it. This place is just -- it's kind of shucking shitty sometimes."
shuck_you: (t60)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-22 12:08 pm (UTC)(link)
"You don't wanna do that," Thomas said, giving her hand a squeeze. "There's no life in that. I can understand wanting to do it every so often when things are tough but I hope you don't feel like that for long periods of time. You'll get pretty bored for one. You'll miss you on a lot for two."

Not that Thomas was an expert in feeling things, feeling emotions but he'd been exposed to a lot in a short amount of time. It piled on and on and on and sometimes it shucking sucked but he liked that more than he liked not remembering anything.
shuck_you: (t60)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-28 01:20 pm (UTC)(link)
"Oh, that's a terrible thing to miss," Thomas said, laughing. He squeezed her hands and tugged her a little closer to him. He leaned over and pressed a quick kiss to her cheek before sighing.

"Nothing so bad that you can't stick around," Thomas told her quietly. "I promise. I've thought about it too but it's just -- "

He sighed, shook his head.

"I want to stick around to continue pissing people off."
shuck_you: (t18)

[personal profile] shuck_you 2017-10-30 12:35 pm (UTC)(link)
"It's a good thing to stay alive for," Thomas declared, nodding. "Why give people what they want when you can make it hard on them and be a shucking thorn in their side for years to come? If I die, I die but I'm not going to let it be easy for anyone. Not anymore."

He'd rolled over to WICKED already. He'd let them manipulate his feelings, his actions and he was done with that. He'd get home at some point and face the consequences for what he'd done and that, in his eyes, was enough of a reason to keep going.